Scan2Archive take pride in offering a Document Conversion Service that morphs paper documents into easy to use digital documents in Sydney and across NSW. The electronic documents can be in varied formats; TIFF-image, PDF-image, PDF-normal, PDF/A, MS-Word and Excel spreadsheets.
Our ability to recognise the right technology to enable the document conversion to be successful is at the forefront. We select either OCR (Optical Character recognition), ICR (Intelligent Character Recognition) or OMR (Optical Mark recognition) based on the original document and the electronic document format we are to deliver.
Our principal strength lies in the comprehensive production planning and extensive quality control procedures. Detailed keying and output specifications are developed, as art of the sales process, to ensure comprehensive job guidelines and consequently — outputs. Experienced personnel customise system designs, setups and edits for each job.
Forms Processing is a technology that enables us to process documents generated from computer images or directly from paper-based documents and convert them into computer readable information. Forms Processing does not only involve the basic OCR (Optical Character Recognition) but allows us to do a lot more to extract data, including recognition of data such as hand-printed characters using Intelligent Character Recognition (ICR), survey forms using Optical Mark Recognition (OMR) and Bar Code Recognition.
While Form Processing gives us recognition capabilities it also manages the complete lifespan of the document from scanning to extracting the information, image archive and retrieval.
Forms Processing is of most value when you need to process the same paper document type more then once. It is a justified process if your company finds that it receives and process hundreds of the same types of forms (e.g. invoices, time sheets, sales orders, delivery dockets, POD, claim forms) everyday and extracting the same type of information and placing it into a database. Forms processing reduces form handling costs and transcription errors.
Data Capture – Indexing
We provide specialised indexing services for both film and digital format documents. Our production facilities are equipped to key from images, microfilm, microfiche or paper. We also capture and create indexes from aperture cards, bar codes, OCR and customer-provided match and merge files.
Our highly accurate indexes allow for the rapid retrieval of critical information. We have the resources and experience to successfully manage any project regardless of size, complexity or turnaround requirements.
Types of Processing
- ICR Intelligent Character Recognition — Used for hand-printed data recognition.
- OCR Optical Character Recognition — Used for machine printed data recognition.
- OMR Optical Mark Recognition — Similar to Mark Sense, however these object have a letter or character printed in them.
- IFR Intelligent Field Recognition — A unique feature that allows you to process forms with similar field attributes located at different places on a document. IFR is able to search the document and find this field for reading and translation. Several variations of the same form can be converted to computer-based text.
- MICR Magnetic Ink Character Recognition — A unique is a special font that is used on bank cheques and drafts. The MICR font contains ten specially designed numeric characters 0 through 9, and the four special symbols: transit, amount, on-us and dash.
- Check Boxes — Allows us to read marks in circles, squares or ovals.
- Drop-out-Boxes — This is when the boxes on the form are printed with the same colour as the light source on a scanner so that the boxes drop out or are not visible in the final image. This technique is used to isolate hard-written characters from the form for Recognition.